Hospice Care in Marietta, GA
It is never easy to make the decision to transition a loved one into hospice care. But when you reach that crossroads, Golden Rule is here to care for your loved one with dignity and compassion.
Golden Rule Hospice is based in Alpharetta and provides service to patients and their families throughout the Atlanta region, including in Marietta.
Levels of Hospice Care We Provide in Marietta, GA
To ensure that every patient receives as much support as possible, we offer all four Medicare-covered levels of care along with an exclusive level of care offered by no other area hospice called Transitional Care.
- Routine Home Care: This level of care is performed in the patient’s residence in Marietta, be it a house, assisted living facility, or other location.
- Continuous Care: If your loved one experiences a crisis at home requiring constant care, we can provide this short-term service.
- Respite Care: With respite care, caregivers can receive a much-needed reprieve to prevent burnout and rest and recover. Respite Care allows 5 consecutive days of in-patient care for the patient.
- In-Patient Care: When it is not possible for a patient to get the care they need at home, we transfer them to a contracted in-patient facility for this level of care for up to 8 days.
- Transitional Care: This exclusive Golden Rule Hospice benefit allows a patient in active decline to receive additional support when they do not qualify for Continuous Care due to CMS regulations.
By offering Transitional Care, we exceed 90% of area hospices in the amount of support we offer our patients.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Marietta
When looking for a hospice to provide care for your loved one in Marietta, check the background of the company and make sure that it has a license to operate in GA. Ask what types of coverage (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, or private insurance) the hospice accepts.
During your consultation, make sure that you feel comfortable. The hospice should regard the wishes of the patient, family, and family doctor with the utmost respect.
An additional consideration involves the speed and reach of service. Marietta is located northwest of Atlanta. Do not just ask if the hospice serves your area. Ask how quickly nurses will be available in Marietta should there be an emergency. You want to work with a hospice that can be there for you just as rapidly as they would if you were in Atlanta.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hospice in Marietta, GA
Q: What services do you offer Marietta patients?
A: We offer physical support and management to patients to help them experience a comfortable and dignified end of life transition. We also provide spiritual and emotional support to patients as well as their families.
Q: What makes Golden Rule different from other hospices?
A: Our holistic support, personal service, exclusive fifth level of care, and compassionate dedication set us apart from other area hospices. Read more about our Family & Caregiver Support and Physical Support & Management.
Q: What other areas of Atlanta do you serve?
A: Along with Marietta, we serve customers through the entire Atlanta region, including in Brookhaven, Stonecrest, Smyrna, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville, Woodstock, Douglasville and Stockbridge.