Hospice Care in Atlanta, GA
While the end of life is a difficult crossroads to reach, hospice care can make for a more peaceful transition for a patient and their loved ones.
Golden Rule Hospice is a local palliative care provider based in Alpharetta and offering service to patients and families throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Our mission is to offer an unparalleled level of care and compassion. That is why unlike other area hospices, we offer five levels of care.
Visit Our Office
2302 Park Lake Dr #110
Atlanta, GA 30345
Phone: (470) 570-9004
Levels of Care We Offer in Atlanta
Golden Rule Hospice provides all four levels of care covered by Medicare along with an exclusive level of extra care called Transitional Care.
- Routine Home Care. Our interdisciplinary team comes to the patient’s residence to provide routine care, allowing the patient to stay in the environment where they are most comfortable.
- Continuous Care. If there is a medical crisis, we provide this level of care at home.
- Respite Care. For caregivers, we offer Respite Care. For up to 5 consecutive days, caregivers can take a break while the patient receives care in one of our partner facilities.
- In-Patient Care. If a patient needs more help than we can provide in their home, they receive In-Patient Care, usually for up to 8 days. When it is possible, the patient returns home.
This is the exclusive level of care we offer that other Atlanta hospices do not. When a patient is actively declining but cannot qualify for Continuous Care, Transitional Care fills in the gap.
By offering five levels of care, we provide more support than 90% of hospices in the Atlanta region in the last 7 days of life. Find out more about our Levels of Care.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Atlanta
This may be your first time looking for a hospice in Atlanta. If so, you may not be sure what to look for.
The right Atlanta hospice will:
- Be licensed to operate in the state of Georgia.
- Accept your coverage (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, or private insurance).
- Offer holistic support for the body, mind and spirit.
- Respect your wishes, those of the patient, and those of their doctor.
- Be able to send a nurse to your location rapidly.
- Offer support for your family.
While you may find national hospice companies in the area, going local is important. The owners of national companies may live in another state and never interact with you.
You can interact with our owners and receive an unmatched level of care and attention from our physicians. You are our neighbor, and you are placing incredible trust in us. We appreciate just what that means and are committed to giving you the utmost support at this time of need.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hospice Care in Atlanta
Q: What palliative care services do you offer in Atlanta?
A: Through our five levels of care, we help to alleviate pain and physical symptoms for the patient in the final days of life. We also provide volunteer companionship, art therapy, spiritual care, and more. Our bereavement services help a patient’s loved ones through this difficult transition.
All our services are aimed at allowing patients to spend as much time as possible at home with loved ones.
Q: What parts of Atlanta do you serve?
A: Along with Atlanta itself, we serve the entire metropolitan area, including Marietta, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville, Woodstock and Stockbridge.