Hospice Care in Gainesville, GA
You have reached a difficult time as you look into options for palliative care for your loved one. But Golden Rule Hospice is here to remove as much of the burden of care as possible, allowing you to spend more quality time with your loved one.
Based in Alpharetta, we are a locally owned and operated business that serves clients throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area, including in Gainesville.
Our Levels of Care in Gainesville
No other area hospice offers as much care as we do in the last seven days of life. Along with the four levels of care covered by Medicare, we offer a fifth level of care that is exclusive to Golden Rule called Transitional Care.
- Routine Home Care: Our interdisciplinary team works hard to provide as much at-home care as possible so your loved one can stay where they feel most comfortable.
- Continuous Care: When a crisis can be managed at home, our team offers continuous monitoring and treatment.
- Respite Care: Do caregivers in your family need a break? Respite care places your loved one in a contracted facility for up to 5 consecutive days.
- In-Patient Care: If your loved one needs more care than we can provide at home, we transfer them to a facility for In-Patient Care for up to 8 days. The goal of In-Patient Care is to stabilize the patient to return home as soon as possible.
- Transitional Care: Exclusive to Golden Rule Hospice, this fifth level of care is available when Continuous Care is not because of CMS regulations and your loved one is actively declining.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Gainesville
How do you choose a hospice in Gainesville? Regardless of your location, some things are a constant. You need to check that a hospice is licensed to operate in Georgia and accepts your coverage before you commit. You also need to be satisfied that the staff will go above and beyond to provide you with dignified, personal service, respecting your wishes and those of your loved one.
But because of your location, an extra-important consideration is the availability of nursing staff and the expected timeframe it would take them to get to your loved one’s home in Gainesville if there is an emergency.
Some area hospices that serve Gainesville are not able to send nurses rapidly to your location because most of their staff are located more centrally. But we are based in Alpharetta and can quickly send help when you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hospice in Gainesville
Q: What are your hospice services in Gainesville?
A: We provide physical, psychological and spiritual care to patients in Gainesville. We also offer counseling to families, helping you through this challenging time.
Read about our Family & Caregiver Support and Physical Support & Management.
Q: What makes Golden Rule Hospice unique in Gainesville?
A: As a local hospice, we offer more personalized service than a nationwide company ever could including much greater access to physicians. We also are the only company in the Atlanta region to offer five levels of care.
Q: Do you serve other parts of Atlanta?
A: Along with Gainesville, we serve customers throughout Atlanta, including in Brookhaven, Stonecrest, Marietta, Smyrna, Peachtree Corners, Woodstock, Douglasville and Stockbridge.