Hospice Care in Smyrna, GA
Golden Rule Hospice is dedicated to providing compassionate and dignified care to patients and families in Smyrna, GA.
We are a locally owned and operated hospice based in Alpharetta. We take pride in providing more care at the end of life than other area hospices with an exclusive level of care and holistic treatments and support.
Smyrna Hospice Levels of Care
Golden Rule Hospice offers all four levels of care covered by Medicare. But we also go a step further to offer a fifth exclusive care level called Transitional Care.
- Routine Home Care: We send our interdisciplinary team to the patient’s home in Smyrna to provide routine care.
- Continuous Care: This level of care also takes place in the home, providing short-term symptom management during a crisis.
- Respite Care: When caregivers need a break, respite care allows 5 consecutive days of rest during which the patient is transferred to an in-patient facility for monitoring and treatment.
- In-Patient Care: If Continuous Care is not sufficient, we transfer your loved one to a contracted facility for up to 8 days of In-Patient Care.
- Transitional Care: When a patient who is actively declining does not qualify for Continuous Care because of CMS regulations, Golden Rule Hospice covers the gap with an exclusive level of care called Transitional Care.
By offering this exclusive level of care along with the traditional four, we go beyond 90% of area hospices in terms of the support we offer in the last week of life.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Smyrna
When you need to choose a hospice, it is important to select one that is licensed with the state of Georgia and accepts your coverage.
During your consultation, you should feel confident that the hospice staff will respect the wishes of your loved one, their doctor, and your family.
Another consideration is how rapidly nurses can be deployed to your location. Smyrna is northwest of Atlanta and just south of Marietta.
Some hospices may not be able to send staff to Smyrna as quickly as they can more central Atlanta locations during an emergency.
Golden Rule Hospice’s staff can rapidly reach your loved one in Smyrna or anywhere else in the metropolitan area.
Hospice in Smyrna FAQs
Q: What services do you provide in Smyrna?
A: We provide a range of services to support body, mind and spirit. Our palliative care helps to control symptoms and restore quality of life to your loved one, maximizing the time you can spend together. Our chaplain is here to offer spiritual support, while our counselors and volunteers are available to provide for the patient and family’s psychological health.
Q: What makes Golden Rule Hospice unique in Smyrna?
A: No other Smyrna hospice offers our exclusive fifth level of care. We offer more personal care than you will ever get from a nationwide company.
Q: What other parts of Atlanta do you serve?
A: Along with Smyrna, we serve customers throughout Atlanta, including in Brookhaven, Stonecrest, Marietta, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville, Woodstock, Douglasville and Stockbridge.