Hospice Care in Stonecrest, GA
When you or a loved one is in need of palliative care, hospice can help to improve quality of life and provide essential support for the entire family.
Golden Rule Hospice is an Alpharetta-based provider that serves patients throughout the metro region, including in Stonecrest.
Read on to discover how we can take care of you and your loved ones during this challenging time.
Levels of Care We Offer in Stonecrest, GA
We offer all four of the levels of care covered by Medicare along with a fifth exclusive level of care.
- Routine Home Care: We want the patient to be able to spend as much time as possible at home in Stonecrest. With this type of care, we come to the patient to deliver routine care.
- Continuous Care: For a crisis which can be managed at home, we provide Continuous Care over a short-term period.
- Respite Care: For times when caregivers need a break, we can place a patient in one of our partner in-patient facilities for up to 5 consecutive days.
- In-Patient Care: When a crisis requires in-patient intervention, your loved one receives this level of care at a contracted facility for up to 8 days. We return the patient home as soon as possible.
- Transitional Care: The four levels of Medicare-covered care sometimes leave a gap where a patient is in decline but does not qualify for Continuous Care. We fill that gap with an exclusive level of care called Transitional Care.
Since Transitional Care is exclusive to Golden Rule Hospice, we surpass the amount of support provided by 90% of area hospices in the last seven days of life.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Stonecrest
When you are looking for hospice care in Stonecrest, you should check to make sure that you are going with a hospice that is licensed in the state of Georgia, accepts your coverage, and can service your location.
Keep in mind that not all regional hospices are equal in this respect. Even if they serve your area, they may not be able to get nurses there quickly.
This is a particularly important concern when you are choosing a hospice in Stonecrest, since this community is located east of Atlanta, and is not as central as some other cities.
While Golden Rule is based in Alpharetta, we have staff throughout the region who we can rapidly send to your loved one’s home in Stonecrest when urgent care is required.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hospice Care in Stonecrest, GA
Q: What services do you offer?
A: We offer support for the patient’s body, mind and spirit. Art therapy, spiritual care from a chaplain, volunteer companionship, and many other services bring warmth and compassion to your loved one’s final days of life.
We also offer bereavement therapy and other services for the patient’s family.
Find out more about our Family & Caregiver Support and Physical Support & Management.
Q: What makes Golden Rule Hospice different?
A: If you work with a nationwide hospice, you get limited time with the physicians and you will probably never speak to the owners. But when you work with a locally owned and operated hospice like Golden Rule, every level of staff is here to offer you personal service, including our owners.
Golden Rule shows deep respect for the wishes of the patient, the family, and the patient’s physician, and will do everything to ensure the highest level of respect and compassion every moment we care for your loved one.
Q: What other parts of Atlanta do you serve?
A: We serve customers through the entire Atlanta region, including in Brookhaven, Marietta, Smyrna, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville, Woodstock, Douglasville and Stockbridge.