Hospice Care in Stockbridge, GA
Golden Rule Hospice is a locally owned and operated company that is here to offer compassionate and dignified end of life care to patients in Stockbridge and throughout the Atlanta area.
We offer the kind of personal service and dedication that you will not get from a nationwide company.
We also provide more care during the last week of life than 90% of area hospices. Read on to find out how we do it.
Golden Rule Hospice Levels of Care in Stockbridge
Most hospices only offer the four levels of care covered by Medicare. But Golden Rule Hospice adds a fifth level called Transitional Care.
- Routine Home Care: We come to your location in Stockbridge to provide at-home care to your loved one.
- Continuous Care: When a crisis necessitates at-home treatment, our dedicated staff provides short-term Continuous Care.
- Respite Care: With Respite Care, caregivers can take up to 5 consecutive days off from their duties. Your loved one receives care during that time from a contracted in-patient facility.
- In-Patient Care: When your loved one requires care beyond what we can provide at home, we transfer the patient to a contracted facility for this level of care until they are stable enough to return home.
- Transitional Care: Unlike other hospices in Atlanta, Golden Rule goes beyond the four Medicare-covered levels of care. We offer Transitional Care for patients in active decline who do not qualify for Continuous Care due to CMS regulations.
Only Golden Rule Hospice offers this fifth level of exclusive care.
What to Know About Hospice Care in Stockbridge
When you choose a hospice in Stockbridge, you should look up the company’s background and licensing to make sure they can operate in the state.
Your next step is to see if they accept your coverage. After that, you will want to ask them about their service area.
If they say they serve Stockbridge, ask them how quickly nurses can reach your loved one’s location in an emergency. Since Stockbridge is southeast of Atlanta, not every hospice will be able to deploy nurses quickly to your loved one’s home.
Golden Rule Hospice’s large network of medical professionals allows us to arrive fast to your loved one’s Stockbridge home when necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hospice in Stockbridge
Q: What are the services you offer in Stockbridge?
A: We offer palliative support to minimize symptoms and improve quality of life for patients. Our volunteers also can offer companionship and therapy to your loved one. Our chaplain is here to offer spiritual support to patients and their families, and our counsellors can offer you bereavement support. Learn about our Family & Caregiver Support and Physical Support & Management.
Q: What makes Golden Rule different?
A: As the only area hospice to offer a fifth exclusive level of care, we are also the only hospice in the Atlanta region to ensure that there are no critical gaps in the care your loved one receives.
Our compassionate staff will stop at nothing to make your loved one feel as comfortable as possible, treating their wishes and yours as sacrosanct.
Q: What other Atlanta communities do you serve?
A: Along with Stockbridge, we serve customers throughout Atlanta, including in Brookhaven, Stonecrest, Marietta, Smyrna, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville, Woodstock and Douglasville.