Hospice is a healthcare benefit that is designed to help people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and have six months or less to live. By providing superior healthcare, patients are comforted, and the hospice helps them maintain their dignity, comfort in the last months or days of life.
Here Are The 10 Benefits of Hospice Care:
- A Peaceful and Positive Environment. Hospice allows terminally ill patients to spend their final days in a calm and peaceful environment, surrounded by family and friends either in their home or a care facility. Which means patients in the final stage of their lives are treated with care and respect by the hospice team.
- More Time Spent with Family and Loved Ones. Spending time with loved ones is important to the family and patient. Hospice care allows family and friends to love, care and share with their loved one in a peaceful, caring environment. This gives the family time to say their goodbye’s as well as the patient if they are able.
- More Contentment. Families can be assured that the patient will be comfortable, calm and peaceful on their final day because of the hospice care. This helps the family with the passing of their loved one bringing contentment and peace to their minds and hearts.
- Freedom of Choice. Hospice allows patients to make their own decisions regarding their care. Terminally ill patients can decide how they want to spend the remaining days of their lives. At the same time, they can choose whether or not they want drugs that can relieve suffering. The hospice team will guide and educate the family on the best choices for their loved one as well as understanding their wishes.
- Compassionate Care. The hospice approach to the care of terminally ill patients seeks to provide comfortable and palliative care. This kind of care does not focus on curing or treating terminal illnesses but on the patient’s comfort level.
- Personalized Care. Hospice agencies involved in palliative care will focus on the needs of patients. They know that patients who have little time left have different concerns. Therefore the hospice team, (Registered Nurses, Aides, Social Workers and Chaplains) will adapt and adjust their approaches to fit each patient’s needs.
- It Offers Appropriate Medical Care. Hospice patients are given medical care according to their needs. When a patient is terminally ill, the sole purpose of hospice is to provide comfort care. Most terminally ill patients will experience pain and suffering before passing. However, hospice focuses on alleviating pain and suffering. It does this by providing medication and care that lessens suffering.
- Better Quality of Life. Hospice also helps the quality of life of declining patients. By providing treatment to declining patients in their final stages, it ensures that passing does not come naturally and calmly.. Hospice patients are also assured of the best treatment for their bodies.
- Greater Comfort and Peace for Patients. Hospice is about providing comfort and peace for terminally ill patients. This is done by providing care and treatment. One of the main concerns of the terminally ill and their families is pain and discomfort. They want to be pain-free and comfortable in their final days. Hospice provides care that can help patients deal and cope with their pain.
- Hospice Centers Provide Emotional Support. Hospice teams can offer emotional support to terminally ill patients as well as their families. The hospice agency and hospice teams are there to provide emotional support during and even after the patients pass through grief counseling. In doing this, the grieving family members can come to terms with the patient’s passing, and bring to their hearts and minds a peace and comfort.
The Caring Team at Golden Rule Hospice
Hospice provides comfort and peace to terminally ill patients through the care and treatment they receive. This can significantly assist in making the final days of a patient’s and family’s life better.
Golden Rule Hospice provides home hospice care focusing on respecting the dignity and choices of our patients and their caregivers while providing compassionate support. Our approach is holistic, incorporating physical, emotional, and spiritual support. We respect the choices and dignity of patients and caregivers and are dedicated to fulfilling those choices through compassion. If you’re looking for Atlanta, please get in touch with us today at (470) 395-6567 and let us know how we can help.